A Brief Synopsis

Recently diagnosed with breast cancer, facing more surgery with radiation and possible chemotherapy... I face the biggest challenge of my life. Along with the love and support of my husband, kids, family and friends........... I type these words from my heart to share with you.







Friday, October 7, 2011

Party is over, I'm back on track

The pity party is over and I am back on track. Thanks goodness it didn't last that long!

When I knew I may have to have chemo and my hair "may" fall out, I knew I wanted to get a wig.  Now my husband tells me all the time to think positive and don't say "when" my hair falls out, say "if" it falls out.  I'm trying to think that way.

Bob said why would you want to wear a wig? Why not just a scarf or hat?  He said maybe being a guy he doesn't understand.  I told him I've had hair all my life.  It doesn't define who I am but it's what I'm used to and a big part of me.  So after he saw the wig I got from the wig room, he said you can't wear that, go and get the human hair wig if I want.  Believe me it's going to be ordered online this weekend.  He gets it now!  Or maybe him seeing me so upset made him realize how much it bothers me.

I had the day to myself.  A nice warm, crisp, sunny, New England fall day.  What to do, hmmm.  I decided to go somewhere where I can laugh.  Yep, I went to visit my friends at work.  I usually try and go to visit once a week.  They are such great friends, I leave there everytime with a smile on my face. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss working, just the people!

This weekend we're going to have some beautiful weather, getting into the 80's and I am looking forward to watching Joe's 2 baseball games.  I can't wait!  I'm sure I'll be nervous for Monday, but I have such a great support system here, they'll get me through it as they have done so in the past.  I am truly blessed!  You all know who you are!

I read this week, that people with cancer "are lucky", because they get two lives. One before cancer and one after cancer.  And the one after cancer is the most rewarding one!  I am seeing that firsthand.

No comments:

Post a Comment