A Brief Synopsis

Recently diagnosed with breast cancer, facing more surgery with radiation and possible chemotherapy... I face the biggest challenge of my life. Along with the love and support of my husband, kids, family and friends........... I type these words from my heart to share with you.







Friday, October 7, 2011

I am so lucky to have my Silpada Sisters......

There have so many people (family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, people I've just met, and some I don't even know) that have sent words of encouragement, cards, emails, phone messages, I am so lucky to have them all in my life!  There are so many, that I can't acknowledge each and everyone of them, but I hope they know that I love them all and appreciate everything they've done for me and my family.

There is a special group of ladies, that have always been beside me through this, in spirit and in prayer.  And most of them just met me in July! They live further away than I'd like, but they are with me just the same.  One of my Silpada Sisters,  Angie Sly said to me, "THIS is truly what it is all about...not the shows, the money, the hostess coaching or recruiting.....NO!  the girlfriends who truly adore one another and enjoy time together". 

My wonderful sponsor Kelly Mahanna emailed me the other day and asked if their local Silpada team (in Iowa) can represent me in the Race for the Cure on October 22.  They also want to invite all our Silpada Sisters across the nation to join them in helping battle for a cure.  She said they'd be proud to help me and would walk/run just for me!

That right there brought tears to my eyes!  It was during my pity party, but it would have brought tears regardless of the day.  I am so blessed to have this wonderful group of women in my life.  There are no words right now that can express how lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment