A Brief Synopsis

Recently diagnosed with breast cancer, facing more surgery with radiation and possible chemotherapy... I face the biggest challenge of my life. Along with the love and support of my husband, kids, family and friends........... I type these words from my heart to share with you.







Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's been awhile......lots to tell....

So, last I posted, my first chemo was under my belt and my hair fell out, blah, blah, blah......
The second round of chemo was like the first, side effect wise, but I had to endure these side effects without power, running water, and heat.  We had an Autumnal Nor'easter, Alfred, come to Connecticut for a visit.  We lost power on Saturday afternoon, October 29th and my chemo was to be done on Halloween.  I thought, no big deal, we'll have power by then. I got ready Sunday or chemo, and took my steriods, morning and night.  Then got up Monday am put my numbing cream on my port and waited.  Received a call that the cancer center had no power and it was to be rescheduled until Tuesday....OK.....Then Tuesday came, still no power at home, but thought for sure the Cancer Center got power by now!  NOT!  I received a call saying I can go to another center to have it done.  I said fine, let me get this done with.  I literally had 30 minutes to get directions to the place, drive there and be on time for my chemo appointment.

It was a little tough this time around because we still had no power and with my aches, pains, no sleeping, it was tough getting comfortable.  It might have been a blessing, because it forced me to get out and find a warm place to go.  I spent Wednesday with Joe and my sister.  We got to take a nice hot shower and relaxed.  My aches and pains weren't bad yet. The next day wasn't bad either, but Friday was the worst, and it was day 7 without power.  I went outside to keep warm, and by 2:30 I was exhausted.  I came home and the afternoon sun had warmed up the house.  BY 7:30pm that Friday night the power came on. You'd think I'd won the lottery!!!  I jumped off the couch with a burst of energy, I texted everyone I knew letting them know power was ON!!!!  I don't know where the energy came from, but I started cleaning  the kitchen like a mad woman, which after 7 days was a mess!!!!  Finally, back to normal at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment