A Brief Synopsis

Recently diagnosed with breast cancer, facing more surgery with radiation and possible chemotherapy... I face the biggest challenge of my life. Along with the love and support of my husband, kids, family and friends........... I type these words from my heart to share with you.







Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lucky Me!?!?

Well, after loosing my hair and coming to terms with it, I was just looking forward to a nice bald head.  Is that to much to ask for? In the scheme of things, I don't think so. I still have some peach fuzz, which at times I pick at thinking it still should come out.  It hasn't yet, so maybe I'd better stop pulling it!!!!

About a week or so after my second chemo treatment, my head started to itch.  I didn't give it much thought, I figured, since we had no power for 7 days I was wearing knit caps 24/7, that maybe my head just needed to breathe.  (I still do  that anyways because my head is so darn cold!!!).  Well, it got so bad I wanted to scream!  Not to gross everyone out, but it looked like I had poison ivy on my head.  So, I called the doctor to see if they can get some cream for it.  They called back and wanted to see me!  CRAP!  I have to make a trip in the see the doctor.  Well, they took a look at it and saw that was an infection in my hair follicles!!!!!  GREAT!!!!!  Are you shitting me?  I asked, is this normal?  They say some people get it.  I told them, I just got used to loosing my hair and looking forward to a nice bald freakin' head, and I get an infection.

So, 10 days on antibiotics and some cortisone cream.  It finally went away withing a few days......I've always stayed positive, never really bitched (yet) but come on hair follicle infection!!!!  As awful as it was, I did laugh about it after it was all done!!!! Only me!

On a happier note, I was 1/2 done with my treatments, just 2 more to go!!!  Yippie!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment