A Brief Synopsis

Recently diagnosed with breast cancer, facing more surgery with radiation and possible chemotherapy... I face the biggest challenge of my life. Along with the love and support of my husband, kids, family and friends........... I type these words from my heart to share with you.







Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Results Are In.....

This posting is a little late, but as you all know life happens and time flies by.  I was scheduled to get my results from my August 5th at my follow-up appointment,  August 11th (my 47th birthday).   I knew they would have them earlier, but I wanted to get them in person.  On that Wednesday before, I kept contemplating whether or not to call and see if they were in.  Part of me wanted to, but the other part said no, what if they aren't the results I wanted to hear.  In my mind, I tossed and turned whether or not to call.  I thought well, if they were bad the doctor would call, or if it was good news they would call......UGGG!!!!!  I left it alone and decided to just wait.

I figured it was after 6:00 pm and no calls, I'll wait.  Then the phone rang at 6:50 pm and I saw it was the doctors office......stomach in knots, I picked it up.  It was the doctor and she said she had preliminary pathology results.....I quickly grabed a pen and paper then started writing everything she said.

The area on the left side that they saw something different on the MRI was clean!  The lymph nodes were all clean, no cancer!! (they took out 5 of them, and boy was it painful!!!) and 1 of the 2 margins on the right side was clean.  They just had one little area on the right side where there was still some non-invasive cancer.  The doctor would go into more details the next day when I went for my follow-up.

What a weight lifted off my shoulders when I heard that news!!!!!  I cried with joy!!!  What a wonderful birthday I was going to have!!!

August 11th ~ Happy 47th Birthday to Me!!!!

Bob and I went to the follow-up appointment Thursday the 11th.  She first examined the areas where I was operated on.  Everything looked fine.  I just couldn't lift my right arm where they took the lymph nodes out....I asked her, "why didn't you tell me this was going to be painful"  lol......she said the lymph nodes were all over the place and she had to do alot of cutting......but all in all it was worth the pain given the results I'd gotten.

With the little bit of cancer left she was going to check with the radiologist to see if she could get "a pass" on it and get it with radiation.  I said I'd rather have it taken out and that's what she advised also.   So, another surgery is scheduled for Friday August 19th.  I am hoping his will be it and I can start some treatment after all of these surgeries heal.

We celebrated my birthday with a nice dinner and a concert!  The very next morning, we all headed to Cape Cod for some time away.  Bob's brother from Oregon was visiting and we had a reunion at the Cape on Saturday.  All of his siblings, parents, nieces and nephews were there.  It was a great time, especially with the great news and great company!

We headed home Wednesday to relax for a day before my next surgery on Friday.  I assume this will be like the first one and not as much pain as the last.  Either way it's one step closer to the end.

Bob and I are going to a fundraiser tonight.  Put on by After the Storm Inc. (http://www.afterthestorminc.org/)  2011 Art Bra Runway Show & Auction.  I'm looking forward to it!

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family, great friends and co-workers during this time.  I can't tell you all how much you all mean to me.  The prayers, thoughts, cards, emails, texts, flowers, and gifts make me feel so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment