A Brief Synopsis

Recently diagnosed with breast cancer, facing more surgery with radiation and possible chemotherapy... I face the biggest challenge of my life. Along with the love and support of my husband, kids, family and friends........... I type these words from my heart to share with you.







Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back To The Beginning

This post is one that should have been posted at the very beginning.  My mind was in such a fog from the diagnosis and writing the first post, and others that followed that I feel it's a very important one to post. Let me go back to the very beginning.

My cancer was detected through a routine annual mammogram.  I found no lumps through self-breast examinations, or exams done by my doctor.  They noticed tiny microscopic calcifications on my mammogram that they thought needed another look at.  So I was called in for more pictures of that breast.  When they did the other mammogram, it was decided that it looked odd enough to warrant a biopsy.   And as they say the rest is history.

I want to put the word out there on how important it is for every women to have their annual mammogram screenings. If I had not done mine, who knows what this could have turned into.  My cancer was caught early, Stage 0, at first, then to stage 1, but a very slow growing cancer.

So if you're over due for your mammogram or due for one soon, please cal and schedule your mammogram.  It could be the difference between stage 0 or stage IV, or life and death.  If my message reaches at least 1 person, then I've done my job.......

No comments:

Post a Comment